Imagine having had a dropshipping store already built, with ads in place and SEO thoroughly locked down, when search volume for “fidget spinners” skyrocketed.
Anticipating that spike would have led to huge revenue—albeit the success would have been short-lived, because the product was trendy, not steady.
To build a profitable online store, you need to focus on the more reliable and steady dropshipping niches, while steering clear of the flashier ones.
We dug into some data to identify the dropshipping niches that have had the most sustained success over the past few years. Not the dropshipping niches with the hottest trends—but the ones that have been the most consistent.
Whether you’re a budding dropshipper or an experienced store owner eyeing something new, you can use this data to explore ideas, products, and strategies that tap into the most enduring niches.
Start selling online now with ShopifyStart your free trial
What is a dropshipping niche?
A dropshipping niche is a specialized segment of the market for a specific category of products or services. When choosing a niche for your online store, it’s very important to do your research, because not every product category will bring in consistent sales.
Best dropshipping niches for 2022
In this section, you’ll find a list of the top dropshipping niches and product ideas with the most sustained success. These are the most consistent product categories over the span of two-plus years. They are also a good bet to thrive for the next two-plus years.
Here are the niches:
Women’s Clothing and Accessories
Let’s start with a product category that always stays in demand—Women’s Clothing and Accessories. There are lots of dropshipping niches that fall under women’s clothing, including some that don’t move the needle much—like bodysuits and jumpsuits. There are, however, some profitable options:
- Intimates is a small product category whose demand is forecasted to grow at a notable pace. If you aren’t sure exactly what the intimates category covers, it’s stuff like gowns, nightdress, and underclothing.
- Accessories is a broad dropshipping niche that includes products ranging from headbands to scarf clips to gloves. Lots of small stuff, basically. The average order value on accessories won’t be as high as dresses, but it’s a dropshipping niche with a track record of high-volume orders.
Another safe bet is jewelry, because it’s something people will never get tired of. Of course, you need to focus on jewelry products that are profitable and in constant demand:
- Necklaces & pendants are especially cheap for merchants. Lots of the time, you could charge $2 and enjoy a 100% markup. Couple them with matching earrings and you can enjoy an even healthier profit margin when you sell jewelry online.
- Bracelets & bangles are a type of jewelry often associated with India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and other South Asian countries.
- Rings are yet another product that is cheap for you and desirable for shoppers. Rings can be sold as a standalone item or as part of a wedding accessory bundle or line.
Home and Garden
Home and Garden is where you’ll find items for your flowers, living room, bedroom, and more. Plenty of products will earn a chuckle, while some practical items are designed to make your customers’ lives easier.
Here are some product segments to consider from the Home and Garden niche:
- Home décor has been solid for years. This category includes items that add some life to your home, from gag decals for your toilet to fun scratch-off maps.
- The kitchen, dining, and bar category is a combination of fun and practical. Fun like gag mugs, and practical like pineapple cutters.
Beauty and Health
The Beauty and Health niche can roughly be summed up as stuff you’d find in your bathroom: hair products, makeup, facial massage rollers, and other things to keep people looking and feeling their best.
- This isn’t “health care” like medicine and surgical tools. Instead, popular items include ear wax removers, anti-snoring apparatuses, posture correction belts, and other miscellanies.
- Makeup is more straightforward. High-performance makeup products include lipstick, fake eyelashes, and powder brushes.
With some of these products, it’s extra important to be careful with product descriptions. Anything that deals with health and physical well-being requires attention to detail (and no wild promises).
The Baby Care market is expected to reach an $88.72 billion valuation in 2026. This suggests that dropshipping baby products can deliver a profit, both now and in the future.
One thing to note, though, is that people are becoming more cautious when choosing baby items like cosmetics, food, or safety products. To gain their trust, build a credible brand that prioritizes product quality and safety over everything else. When it comes to product ideas:
- Diapers are a modern-day convenience that many parents can’t do without. You can get these in the $4 to $6 range and resell them for $20 or more.
- Chew toys are required by parents of babies currently teething. The products help them soothe their babies’ gums.
How to find profitable dropshipping niches
You can find profitable and steady dropshipping niches by taking these three steps:
- The first step is to consider what you enjoy doing. List your hobbies and interests and use this as the foundation of your profitable niche.
- Next, research your interests and find a gap in the dropshipping market for a niche product. Think about what you enjoy buying and that you believe in. This will make it easier for you to sell and market the item, as you will know a lot about its features and benefits.
- Evaluate market demand to find the right profitable niche for you, and discover products on dropshipping websites to sell in your online store.
It is important to believe in the products you sell and understand the marketplace, as this will help you become profitable. Plus, you should identify with your target market enough to know what they want to see in your marketing collateral.
Ready to profit from dropshipping?
Starting an online dropshipping store is not an easy task, but having the motivation to sell your merchandise will keep you going every day.
Think about what you can sell at your new store—or maybe what you can add to your current store—and keep these niches in mind. They have been moving the dial for years.
Start selling online now with ShopifyStart your free trial
Dropshipping niches FAQ
How do I find a profitable dropshipping niche?
- Perform market research.
- Explore the steady dropshipping niche list above.
- Determine potential profits.
- Measure the competition.
- Research future demand for your market.
Which niche is best for dropshipping?
- Women’s clothing and accessories
- Beauty and health
- Home and garden
- Baby care
Want to Learn More?